Saturday, January 03, 2009

The Beautiful Around Us

My friend showed me this article. I have to say this is one of the most interesting things I've read in a long time. Very thought provoking. You MUST listen to the audio after reading this. Please, take 40 minutes and listen. It is absolutely incredible. It made me really think, how much beauty are we passing every day. Are we so busy that we don't recognize the good and beautiful all around us? Are we passing by people, things, opportunities that enrich us?

Anyway, here it is. I'm serious, you must listen to this after reading - at LEAST 20 minutes of it, though I think you'll want to listen to more. The contrast between the amazing beauty of this violin and the hustle of the passerby makes me wonder what we are in such a hurry for sometimes, makes me sorry for those people missing such an incredible sound, and wonder if I would have passed by as well. Such a stark contrast.

Here's the article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/04/AR2007040401721.html


I have something new to add to my list of things to do before I die...see Joshua Bell in concert. Incredible.

2 comments:

Cali said...

Pretty cool. It does cause one to think doesn't it.

Amie Kay said...

Great article. Thanks for sharing. Right in line of the things I have been thinking about lately! Love ya!