I'm back in Provo now after a great vacation. I had the chance to be home for almost 2 weeks for Christmas. It was nice to spend time with family and help my mom out a bit around the house and just have a chance to relax and get a deep breath.
I went by the house yesterday. It's ALMOST done. Carpet's in, most of the finish work is done or being done, but there is still lots to do. Washer and dryer aren't in yet, kitchen isn't done (they still have to put in counter tops), some of the doors and closets still need to be put on, and some of the bathroom sinks still need to be put in along with their mirrors. I figure a few more weeks and it should be all ready. What I really don't get is that if this guy just hired a crew he could be done in a week, actually he could have been done months ago. So he "saves" some money by doing it himself, but in all actuality he loses all the rent he could be gaining by not completing it. So I guess it comes down to the cost versus benefit. Can he save more by doing it himself and not paying for a crew but losing rent? or, would he be better off paying a crew to finish everything quickly, get renters in there and start paying rent? I hope for his sake he chose wisely.
I start my new job tomorrow. I will be a regional manager for Eagles Wings. I will find out this next week what my region will be, but I'm excited either way to get going and learn the job. I'm excited to travel and get out and see the world and meet new people. I'm also excited to have a new challenge and have something to work well on.
I guess a cabin trip is set for the first of February, I guess it will really depend on how work is if I will be able to swing it. I hope so, but we will see!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment