Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Space Shuttle Challenger
So I was noticing on my blog that this day 13 years ago the space shuttle Challenger tragedy occurred. I can't help but think back to that day. I was 6 years old and I remember sitting down to watch the lift-off with my mom. I can still remember the layout of the living room, our old grey couch, and I was sitting on the floor while my mom was seated on that couch. I remember watching the smoke billow up as the rockets began their powerful lift to propel the shuttle skyward, and I remember watching as it horrifically shattered to pieces. I remember my mother's gasp, and her crying, but not really understanding what had just happened...only that it was big, and sad. Crazy to think that I could have such a vivid memory at 6 years old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment