So I was out working in southern Utah a few weeks ago and happened to go through Moroni where my Dad grew up. My Dad passed away 5 years ago this month and I have really been missing him these past couple of weeks, and find myself thinking about him more often than usual, wishing I could call him up and talk like we used to. I feel like I have more important questions now, and need advice more than ever. Driving through Moroni made me miss him lots but I decided to stop in and pay my respects to my Grandparents who are buried there. I always try and stop when I pass through Moroni. It helps me "remember" my heritage. I think one of the greatest themes of the Book of Mormon is remembering. How easily we forget where we come from, what we have been through, and who we are. To think that my family came from Denmark and ended up in Sanpete county as turkey farmers, just 2 generations ago. Looking at the country around me and the old fashion homes it made me think just how much has changed in 2-3 generations. The advances in technology, living standards, and our society. I remember I always used to wonder when reading in 3 Nephi HOW the people could fall away after Christ had just been there...it took about 4 generations if I'm not mistaken. Well, look at us. How far have we strayed? After visiting a friend in California this past week and talking a bit about the Proposition 8 over gay marriage it made me ponder how confused we have become and how increasingly blurry the lines are becoming...and close to repeating history we ourselves are drawing.
1 comment:
You are awesome.
Post a Comment