Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's official...i've lost my camera

So, I've been looking for about 3 months now for my camera and I can't seem to find it. Now that I want to actually take some pictures and start updating my blog and I can't find my camera. Turns out this is going to be a good thing. I've been wanting to get back into an old hobby of mine...photography. So, if you have any suggestions on a good camera that isn't TOO expensive, I'd love to hear the suggestions. I've also been wanting to get into some video editing, making short clips of things i've been up to. So again, if you have any tips please let me know. I will be purchasing a macbook pretty soon and I'm excited to start pursuing this new, old hobby of mine! :)

2 comments:

Cali said...

Good choice on the Macbook... Mac is the best for videos and photos. What camera to buy is a loaded question. It depends if you want a point and shoot or a digital SLR, what type of photography you will be doing, and how much you want to spend.

I'm partial to Nikon myself. I use both the Nikon D40x (excellent camera) and the Canon 40D for work. The best deal on a Nikon right now is probably the D60 Kit: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/543638-REG/Nikon_00009609_D60_SLR_Digital_Camera.html

The lenses that come with this kit are really nice and lenses can get really expensive if you buy them separately. If that's more then you want to spend check out the Nikon D40:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/471716-REG/Nikon_25420_D40_SLR_Digital_Camera.html

It's a good price, great for starters, and smaller than the D60.

Canon's are nice too but I'm not as familiar with them. I use Nikon equipment because their lenses and accessories are compatible with different camera models within the Nikon family. I like having the option of buying a new camera but not having to buy all new equipment.

Hope this helps!!

Amy Kae said...

It's about time!!!
I don't care...just hurry up about it.... will ya?

Lambert