Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Latest

Well...after speaking with my Director of Marketing and the CEO of SPIN for about a week, it looks like the best thing for me is to walk. It really came down to compensation. They were only willing to go straight commission on sales, even though it is a startup company, and they didn't have any other positions open right now (such as project manager or event coordinator) that they could pay me salary. So, I decided to try something else. Too bad, I like the company and the people there, but it's just a startup and it's too slow right now to be worth it.
I have felt good in the past two days since leaving. In fact, I have two other options for jobs since then. I am trying to decide between them and figuring out what exactly I want to do. One is the director of transport for 2n, where I used to work. Though that position is not a for sure thing. If my boss gets the job he is applying for, then that position would open up. He says that he would know in about a week.
The other is a regional manager position with a company called Eagles Wings, a tie company based out of Florida. I would be in charge of 300 wal-mart stores where they have their product. It would be a lot of travel out to texas and other things.
I am in the process of finding out more about these jobs and exactly what they entail. I guess I'll let you all know in a week or two. Until then, I am enjoying the time I have to catch up on errands and things. I finally cleaned my car for the first time in I don't know how many weeks, maybe 3? Funny thing is, I am making just as much with my time off as I was working for Spin Media...zero. :)

1 comment:

Happynings said...

Good luck. Keep pounding the pavement. We both may be unemployed in the near future. Lets go on vacation.