Well, it's sunday afternoon here in the basement. I've been told another 4 weeks, which really means 7-8 probably. I am SOOO looking forward to Thanksgiving and getting out of here for a few days, even if it is to go sleep on the floor at Travis and Nicole's place (my sister and her family). The basement here is getting cold, I sleep with my thermals on and two blankets. The weather here in Utah however has actually been pretty nice, it was 65 today. Clear skies, gorgeous sunset...but once that sun goes down - Brrrrrrr.
I am not looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Even though I sold 3 accounts the week before last, nothing this week. We are concentrating right now on promoting the latest event, a beauty makeover competition. It should really put the company on the map because of the amount of hits we will be getting and the exposure that will mean for the company. Again, it is such a great idea and I love the company, but to be honest - I hate sales. It's not really sales that bugs me, it's working to FIND people to sell to. People coming to me, I have no problem telling them why this is such a great product. But interrupting people to tell them bothers me, and to be honest I'm not sure why. If you have any insight I would love to hear it, honestly. So...if I don't sell a bunch soon I may have to find another job, or perhaps another career (got a bit of information this weekend). The crazy thing is I took this job because I thought it would be good experience for my career, but I don't see any experience except living on a tighter budget coming from it.
"What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"
This is the real question. What would each of us choose to do if we knew that we could not fail. What is our passion?
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is a great question! My passion is in people--which is why I think I will always fail. Either I fail them or they fail me.
People are very disappointing, it's true, but there is something so endearing, passionate, simple, complicated, and magical about people.
If I could not fail...I would be a motivational speaker. I would spend my working days teaching people how to appreciate themselves, to love more, to be less selfish, to realize the value of work, and so forth. That's what I would do if I wouldn't fail ( and I could get people to pay me to do such a thing)!
Post a Comment