I'm back, another week in the field done. My internship is now officially over and I smoked the exam so I'm what they call a level 1 field staff...yeah for me. Now I am trying to decide if this is something that I want to continue doing or not.
I enjoy being with the kids and learning how to deal with people, helping the kids to understand there behavior and how to change, but I'm struggling with the decision of how long i want to do this. Being out in the wilderness is calming and i feel a lot more peace in my life, and I am learning a lot, but the only way I will really be able to earn enough money to support a family is to become a therapist, and I'm not sure i want to do that. I really enjoy helping people and it is a job that is fulfilling because you can see the change in people, but I don't know if it is what I want to do with the rest of my life.
Right now I see it as an incredible opportunity to learn more about myself and others and give me skills that will help me deal with my future children and really everyone I come into contact with. I am learning to be assertive in my communication and am learning how to hold boundaries as well, not to mention some really cool outdoor skills. I think it will come in handy a lot in the future with people in general and maybe some future church callings. That is another thing, right now it is hard to get to church because of my crazy schedule, and come time that i get into a new ward it may be pretty hard to hold a calling.
I guess I'm just not sure what else i can do. I want to use my business degree and gain more skills in that area, just not sure where to begin or who will give me a chance. I've thought about businesses I could start myself and am working on those in the background, but nothing real tangible yet.
Since I started this writing this (2 days ago) I have had 2 things come up. One is doing sales with a local company called Spin media marketing (they do a website dedicated to local happenings and advertising everything from automotive to travel - anything you can think of, offering the traffic of all these students looking at what's going on locally as the selling point) and a company called eagles wings (they sell ties on a national level, putting most of their product in wal-mart and other stores. Paul Heapy (Ashley Hintz's husband) works for them). These are two opportunities that i'm looking at now. It's amazing how things happen! Now I've got to apply and then decide which of these is a better opportunity for me and what i can learn the most from. Spin is brand new and has a lot of growth opportunity, Eagles wings is growing rapidly and I will be applying for the regional manager position vs sales with Spin. If you have any thoughts, i'd love to hear them!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment