Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring Is Here


It's a beautiful 65 degrees out today and it is expected to be nice all weekend. Needless to say, the volleyball net i just purchased should be put to good use. Kiwanis park should be seeing a lot of myself and friends this summer!

It's crazy for me to think that a full year has flown by since i graduated. I have been working at second nature since then during the time that i was applying to dental school and it has been a good job, paid the bills and such, but now that dental school isn't panning out i am in the job hunt for a career job. I graduated in Business Management from the Marriott school, so I am looking for something in marketing. Perhaps search engine marketing or email marketing. Really there are many things that I could be involved in and be happy, I'm really looking to gain some valuable experience in the business world that will allow me to move up and into more exciting positions and eventually own my own business. I'm looking to attain skills. I would like to stay in Utah for a bit longer, but am looking at jobs in the Scottsdale area, phoenix, and a few others. So, if you know of any leads, i would sure love to hear them!

I have been staying busy with work lately (except for today-which is why I'm blogging), and have been trying to involve myself in good activities. I play volleyball with a group of friends every Wednesday, longboard the canyon when i can, picnics and park time, and am going out on the weekends. this pic is from our trip to San Diego a few months ago. Right now I have been busy putting my resume together with the help of my sister Amie (a resume Guru) and am going to send it out today to the various positions i have been eyeing so far. Hopefully I'll get some good interviews and some opportunity to progress as far as work goes.

It has been hard not getting into dental school again this year, a very frustrating and self doubting experience, but i know from this past year that i will be happy doing whatever it is i choose to do, happiness is a choice. Not getting into dental school is not the end. There are many things i am capable of, and excel at, and i will find a job that i can enjoy.

Anyway, i hope everything is going well for everyone! I would love to hear updates! Call me sometime!

1 comment:

Josh and Leslie said...

Looks like the boy/girl ratio for San Diego was definitely in your favor!! I also believe you WILL succeed at whatever you choose to do! I'm glad you are staying so positive!! We're moving to Oregon tomorrow...Josh's b-day...Happy belated b-day, by the way!! Come see us soon! Love ya!