Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Dental School Update

So life is just work and waiting...which the waiting part is driving me insane. I applied to dental school this year for those of you that didn't know and so I've been waiting for interviews, and at this point there is really nothing more that I can do - just wait for the call! This is incredibly frustrating and nerve racking for me. Yesterday however, I got an email from NYU saying they want an interview! Thank goodness! I guess I should be hearing back from the rest of the schools fairly soon, my application is being reviewed by the board at all the schools so it should be soon. Anyway, that's the update there, I should be flying out sometime in November or early December and my roommate is going with me for his last checkup with his doctor (he had both his legs broken to fix the articulation of his knees...crazy!) so it should be a blast!

Halloween was a blast! We dressed up as the newsies and it was SUCH a hit...especially with the ladies. "Let's soak em for crutchy!" The thing is - it wasn't just newsies, we each went as character. Check out the pick. We would walk from party to party just making these loud entrances yelling "extra extra! baby born wit tree heads!" or "2 bits a pape!" and stuff like that and people would clap and think it was awesome and then we would leave and go to the next party. There were like 4 in the WILK so we just bounced around to them.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Fantastic group costume! So you're coming out here! Happy! Good luck with all your interviews...any applications here in Boston?

I have some friends in Harvard dental school, Tufts Dental school, and BU's Dental School....rough stuff, but I'm sure you'll do great

Kylee

Anonymous said...

Josh was impressed with the Newsies costumes...he's been trying to get me to watch it for years!! I was just telling my boss that out of everyone I worked with last year at Dr. Weber's you were the best and deserved dental school more than all of them! Kudos for you...I know you'll get in and be an amazing dentist!! Remember your old pal when you're making the big bucks!! Call us sometime....

Megan said...

Hey Josh! It's been a long time...this is Megan Wood (Snodgrass)! Anyways, I LOVE the newsies costumes. Quite impressive. I hope you are doing well!
~megan